Saturday 29 July 2017

Virtual Machine - Edit Settings (CPU) Part 1 (i)

In order to learn more, one has to explore more.
In this series of blog post, i"ll be talking about all the options one have for a virtual machine.

This is Part 1 of virtual machines & I"ll be explaining and giving real time examples for all these options which are available for a virtual machine. In the end, we want our virtual machines to be running healthy. Hell Yeah!!


In this screenshot as you can see, I have used vSphere Web Client, Right Click on virtual machine & edit settings.

CPU Settings:-
1.CPU: It depends on your physical processor(Socket & Cores Per Socket) that are present on your server.
As you can see in my case, what my host(ESXi) has, I can that as LCPU to my VM.
If there is no hyperthreading than the total number of LCPU =8 & if it is enabled then the total number of LCPU=16. VCPU(Virtual CPU for VM) is scheduled on LCPU(Logical CPU, part of core).

So, In my case, the maximum number of vCPU that can be assigned to the VM =16.

No comments:

Post a Comment